all about wedding all about wedding all about wedding all about wedding all about wedding all about wedding all about wedding
Wedding

Watters & Watters Bridesmaids Dresses

A few days ago, I contemplated wearing a column dress or evening gown to a friend’s wedding, even though I already have a perfectly good cocktail dress sitting in my closet. I finally received my wedding invitation last weekend, and it turns out that the dress code for women really is an evening gown. I panicked a little because the wedding is in less than two weeks, and I don’t own formal attire longer than a knee-length dress. Not to mention that now is the worst time to scour the malls for the right evening gown. The thing is, I don’t want just any mass-produced dress; to be perfectly honest, I think most evening gowns make women look like cheap lounge singers. I expected to spend at least five hours and five thousand pesos on the right evening gown that is to be my default wedding guest dress – but before doing so, I decided to explore cheaper options online.

An initial search on eBay didn’t yield anything I liked, but a friend accidentally found some wedding wear for me while she was looking for her own evening gown of her own. It’s a v-neck empire dress from Watters & Watters just like the one shown above, except the one on eBay was a deep purple color. Aside from streamers below the deep v back, the dress is unembellished. I fell in love with it immediately – the style is slimming and flattering, the lack of embellishments makes it easy to accessorize, and it comes in my size. Best of all, the dress only cost P600! Out of curiosity I decided to Google the brand, and it turns out that Watters & Watters specializes in wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses. While the dress I bought is technically a bridesmaid’s dress, I suppose it’s all right for a wedding guest to wear it.
I was pretty impressed with Watters & Watters’ selection of bridesmaids dresses (wedding guest dresses?) and thought you guys might appreciate a look see. You might get some ideas for your bridesmaids or for a dress to wear to a friend’s wedding!
This trendy tiered dress is made of stone duchess satin and is finished with an ebony ribbon below the bust. Definitely a very fashion-forward yet wedding-appropriate dress.
If I saw this dress on eBay Philippines, I would’ve bought it in a heartbeat! Made of leaver lace, this dress features a crumb-catcher bodice with a dupioni silk skirt and sash. If you order it from Watters & Watters, they can have it made in floor length, but I think the knee-length style looks better.
There’s even a vintage-style dress on the website. This satin back tafetta dress features a shirred midriff and ballet length skirt that was all the rage in the 50s.
This duchess satin evening gown looks very elegant with its full skirt and deep blue color.
Finally, the ruffled long skirt of this iridescent chiffon dress reminds me of Vera Wang’s dreamy dresses. Definitely a dress I wouldn’t hesitate to buy, especially since it only costs a fraction of what a Vera Wang dress will. Dresses at Watters & Watters start at $200 and take several weeks to make. Maybe mine was a factory overrun? In any case, the seller said there weren’t any defects on my dress. I can’t wait til it comes in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails